Kono Service (hereinafter referred to as “Kono”) is a service platform provided by a company that happily assist global users to manage their time wisely, Konolabs Inc. which is a Delaware Corporation. When we talk about Kono in this policy, we are talking about Konolabs, Inc., the company, Kono, the downloadable application, and the Kono website at kono.ai. Kono is available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your desktop or mobile device.
Kono only acquires, uses and shares the user information that you expressly consent to for our collection, use and sharing. We understand the importance of protecting your information and that is why we actively guarantee your right to freely determine and manage your own user information.
In addition, your personal information may be used to perform statistical analysis for new customized services, provide event and advertising information, comply with obligations required under applicable laws and regulations, and prevent any improper use of your personal information that may cause harm to you in violation of law or the Terms of Service.
- Collecting private information
◈ Kono acquires the following items of information from its users.
When you sign up for the Services or in the course of your use of the Services, Kono will collect your telephone number, contact information, and calendar event information saved on your smartphone or other device (telephone numbers and names of third parties), username (nickname), Kono Account email address through the official website of Kono, individual applications or programs. You may choose to provide us with your birthday, gender, photos (including meta-information), and location information. Device-specific information (such as your operating system, screen size and unique device identifiers), IP address, cookies that are automatically created can also be collected while you are using our Services.
Kono will also collect shipping information (including the name, mobile phone number and address) to ship your order. In addition to the above information, Kono may collect your credit card information, carrier information, gift certificate number or other information required for payment processing when you use paid services.
- We do not acquire sensitive information.
Under no circumstances do we acquire any sensitive information (such as race, ideology, creed, political preferences, criminal records, medical records, etc.) that may violate or infringe upon your rights. In the case that we are required to acquire sensitive information pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, we will ensure to obtain your prior consent.
In addition to the Kono membership registration, we may acquire your user information during your use of the services, from event entries, by fax and telephone and through our customer service center.
◈For what purposes does Kono use your information?
We only use the user information that you share with us for the following purposes. If we make any changes to the purposes below, we will ensure to obtain your prior consent.
- Your information is used to identify and confirm your membership registration, your age and to prevent the unlawful use of our services by delinquent members.
- Your information is used to provide you with various services offered by Kono, to handle your inquiries or complaints during your use of the services and to inform you of announcements and notices.
- Your information is used to provide the services promised to our members and to settle any payments in the case of the purchase and use of our paid services.
- Your information is used for marketing and advertising purposes and providing notices about opportunities to participate in the development of new services or in events.
- Your information is used to obtain statistical information on your usage patterns, analysis of frequency of log-ins and use of our services for the purpose of providing you with customized and improved services.
◈ For how long will Kono use your information?
We will use and maintain your information for a limited period of time starting from the time when you provide us with your information upon membership registration and throughout your use of our services. If you request for de-registration as a member of Kono or withdraw your consent to our collection and use of your information, or the purpose of acquiring and using your information is achieved or the period of storing and using your information expires, we will immediately delete your information.
Further, we will retain member information for the period of time stipulated under applicable laws and regulations which include the following:
Log-in records relating to the use of the services
– Basis of retention: Protection of Communications Secrets Act
– Period of retention: Three (3) months
Records concerning consumer complaints and handling of disputes
– Basis of retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, Etc.
– Period of retention: Three (3) years
◈ Kono does not delegate the task of handling user information to third parties.
“Delegation of the task of handling user information” means the delegation of a portion of our tasks in handling your user information that are absolutely necessary to provide you with various services.
We do not delegate any tasks of handling user information and share any user information with third parties for such purposes. Should we require the delegation of certain tasks of handling your user information to third parties for the purpose of smoothly conducting such tasks such as handling user complaints, we will ensure to obtain your prior consent.
◈ In principle, Kono does not share your user information with third parties.
“Sharing information with third parties” means we share your information with third parties to provide a more wide range of services to you and increase our service quality, which may or may not be necessary in providing our services.
In principle, we do not share your user information with others. However, if we are required to share your information, we will obtain your prior consent in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, except in the following cases.
- Where it is economically or technically unreasonable for us to obtain your prior consent with respect to information that is absolutely necessary to provide various services that we promised to deliver to you.
- Where we are required by courts or other governmental entities to disclose your information pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
◈When and how does Kono destroy information acquired from users?
We promise to completely delete your information with the use of technology that renders such information irretrievable, after the purposes for acquiring and using such information have been achieved and to destroy any user information retained in written form by shredding or incineration.
◈Kono protects the rights of its users.
With respect to services that are available subject to member registration, Kono protects your rights as follows.
- You may review and change your registered user information at any time. (To review or change your user information, click on “Change User Information” (or “Manage Member Information”) to review or change your user information after completing the identity authentication process.)
- You may request to withdraw your consent to the provision of information or de-register as a member of Kono at any time. (To de-register as a member, click on “De-registration” and then complete the identity authentication process to de-register as a member.)
- Your information will not be used or disclosed until necessary changes have been made for the accurate use and provision of such information. If your information is inaccurate and has been provided to a third party, we will notify, without any delay, the third party to correct your information.
◈Retention of Information and Overseas Transfer
We do not transfer your information overseas without your consent. In case an overseas transfer is required, we will ensure to notify you of such requirement and obtain your prior consent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In such case, we will comply with all security measures required by law and international agreements and cooperate with relevant regulatory authorities including the local data protection authorities.
For any inquiries…
If you have any questions, complaints or suggestions regarding the protection of personal information, please contact our Personal Information Protection Manager. We will use our best efforts to provide you with a timely and satisfactory response.
[Personal Information Protection Manager]
- Name: YJ Min
- Title: CEO
- Division: Security Part
- Contact: Contact us [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Date of Announcement: March 30, 2015
- Date of Implementation: March 31, 2015